Monday, April 28, 2008

My budget version of Erick Scarecrow's Old Skool Kaiju - Dizign vinyl figure (completed)

I really like Erick Scarecrow's Old Skool Kaiju Dizign vinyl figure and decided to try to make my own budget version. Here's how the vinyl figure looks:



I looked through my box of miniatures for something similar and selected a miniature from this miniature set for a tv show called Code Lyoko. I've never seen the show, but picked up the set a few months ago on clearance at Toys R Us. If you'd like to buy the "Code Lyoko PVC Mini Figure Set Sector 1: Ice Battle Scene," Amazon has it here. I used the figurine you can (barely) see at the bottom right of this photo:



The character is some kind of cat boy. I scraped off his tail, cut off his arms at the elbows and reattached them, and cut down his pointy head. I then added green stuff.



Here's the miniature painted. Seeing it blown up like this I realize the paint needs to be cleaned up in various spots, but you get the idea:




Meanwhile, if you want to buy the real thing, you should be able to find one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment