Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mechtorian Stikfas by Doktor A?



The Stikfas Mechana Robot and Bear is a terrific toy. The kit comes with all the parts you need to put together a mech and bear, extra pieces for customizing, and stickers. For around $10, you can find a box at eBay and Amazon.


These photos show how much personality the figures have, even without any fancy customizing:



(Alas, I can't remember the source for the photos.)


And here, Benjamin Paul Capay uses paint and some sculpted extras:





I decided to turn mine into an homage to Doktor A's mustachioed, fez-wearing, steampunk robots.


I sculpted the fez and mustache out of green stuff. The "eyes" were made from thin cardboard, punched out with two different sized hole punchers.




I made the rivets simply by dipping a push pin into a glob of white craft glue (Elmer's) and poking it onto the robot.


And here's my robot with the tiny versions of Erick Scarecrow's Dizign and Kissaki I made awhile back.


*Buy Doktor A art toys at eBay.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    Your robot came out very well.
    I think Doktor A would be beaming
    after seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bronze mecha looks schwieeett!! That pushpin works perfect.

    ReplyDelete