Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Interview with Winston Acosta



I've previously featured two of Winston "Scavenjer33" Acosta's fabulous customized Munnys. He was kind enough to answer a few questions.

Q: What kind of art/crafting education do you have?
A: I have always been into art, in middle school I attended one of the first magnet schools in Miami, then for High school I was accepted to a visual arts program and went to college for commercial arts.



Q: What type of tools, paint, sculpture medium do you use to customize Munnys? Do you use any products to seal the paint?
A: It's funny, I just started using Sculpey and customizing toys literally a couple of weeks ago. I had taken sculpture classes in high school but never was into it until now. I've used acrylics all the time for my art and am very comfortable with them. I am still learning Sculpey and use a wooden chop stick that I found as a tool. What ever works! I do seal the customs with Krylon clear acrylic coating.



Q: Do you take commissions?
A: Not at this moment. I would like to in the future.



Thanks Winston! You can visit his Flickr gallery here, and his official site here.


*Previously:

Interview with Tom Torrey of Gamma Ray Bots

Interview with Pete of The Builder's Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment